OpenBlock 1.2.0 (UNRELEASED)¶
As usual, install all dependencies, eg if you are upgrading a source checkout:
pip install -r ebpub/requirements.txt pip install -e ebpub pip install -r ebdata/requirements.txt pip install -e ebdata pip install -r obadmin/requirements.txt pip install -e obadmin pip install -r obdemo/requirements.txt pip install -e obdemo
As usual, sync and migrate the database:
django-admin.py syncdb django-admin.py migrate
- Removed ebdata/retrieval/scrapers/new_newsitem_list_detail.py, which wasn't used anywhere.
New Features in 1.2¶
- Optional ReCaptcha on the user-contributed ("Neighbornews") add/edit forms.
- User-contributed content ("neighbornews") now has edit and delete forms.
- Sensible defaults on most DateFields and DateTimeFields, can still be overridden.
- Logout now redirects you to whatever page you were viewing.
- Add a "properties" JSON field to the Profile model, for more flexible per-user metadata.
- User admin UI now shows Profiles and API keys inline.
- "Sticky widgets" aka "pinned" NewsItems in widgets: You can use the admin UI to make certain NewsItems stay visible in the widget permanently or until an expiration date that you set.
- Fixed double-logging of scrapers to the console.
- /streets/ list doesn't blow up if you haven't set DEFAULT_LOCTYPE_SLUG.
- Workaround for getting profile when request.user is a LazyUser instance.
- De-hardcoded more URLs.
- When using a too-old python version, our setup.py scripts now give a more informative error, instead of SyntaxError due to a with statement.
- Custom login view now works when going to admin site. Ticket #174
- Logout form was broken by bad template name. Fixed.
- Added docs on all the settings in settings_default.py.
- Better documentation about Schemas, Attributes, and how they relate.
- Moved some NewsItemListDetailScraper functionality up into BaseScraper, so it's more widely usable.